After spending most of my available time working on this project, my studio remodel is nearly complete. I have finished and installed all of my DIY acoustic treatment, cleaned, painted, and rearranged some of my gear. After installing all of the treatment and bass traps, the only thing I can say is "why did I wait this long to do this?" While it is difficult for me to quantify without testing, the bass response is much more clear and defined, with greater stereo imaging. I have yet to work on a serious production or mix, but in my preliminary noodling around I have been able to make better decisions regarding the low end frequencies on some of my work.
I will be posting sometime soon about my other DIY acoustic treatments, including how I made them, and what they accomplish for my room.
Here are some pictures of the "new" setup:
|Workstation view #1, and yes that is a lava lamp on the right above the rack gear.|
|Workstation view 2, including the door and how I made a trap work there.|
|Records...and some mics & other stuff.|
|The back wall.|